Saturday 1 September 2018

News Updates

Alisson: "I won't be arrogant of saying that I will keep doing this,'' - as he vows not to repeat mistake after Leicester blunder










Goalkeeper Alisson Becker regrets decision that led to Liverpool conceding their first goal of the season

Liverpool walked off the pitch at King Stadium winners on Saturday afternoon, having earned their fourth successive victory of the season. However, the only blemish on an otherwise perfect record was the first and only goal conceded by the Reds.

He was skinned and of the ball by Kelechi Iheanacho yards out of his goal, leading to Rachid Ghezzal scoring in a virtually open net.

After the game, Alisson admitted annoyance at himself and the decision he made to play with fire.

“It was bad judgement,” he told ESPN Brasil after the match.

“I made a mistake reading the play. I didn’t get a very good pass. We talked about that in the dressing room and I spoke to Virgil. 

''It wasn’t a good pass but I could have just kicked it long.

“It was a bad reaction to a mistake, a defensive mistake. The most important thing was we got the win. 


''I am angry that I made a mistake that put the team in a difficult situation.

''When one person makes a mistake, it affects everyone and everyone fought back together. 

''We have to improve still but the result is what matters at the moment.

“I wanted to keep playing and keep the possession. Now everyone is going to analyse that.

“I’m not going to be stupid and make the same mistake. We have to learn from our mistakes. 

''It is part of my game [playing with the ball at his feet] but I am not going to be arrogant to stand here and say I’m going to keep doing it. 

''We have to learn from our mistakes.

“If it is necessary the dribble has to be the last resort. Unfortunately, today, it caused the goal.”



"I think that it was a foul, but we can't support ourselves on that. In this kind of play, here in the Premier League, not every collision is a foul. 

''In my opinion it was, but it's part of the game, we can't give room for that to happen on the pitch."

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was reluctant to slam Alisson, and admitted he thought the Brazilian could drop a clanger at some point.

He said: “I thought it would happen.

“I didn’t think it would happen the next match. He knows it, we need to get used to it.

“We constantly get the ball to the keeper but the player need to learn there are other solutions.

“Joe (Gomez) could have cleared the ball, Alisson could have too. That is how it is.

“He is a fantastic goalkeeper, makes some fantastic saves.

“He didn’t do what he was supposed to but all good.”

Liverpool head into the international break sitting at the top of the Premier League table.

The Reds have a 100 per cent record, and they face Tottenham in a fortnight’s time.










No comments:

Post a Comment