Sunday 11 February 2018

News Updates

''Southampton return was enjoyable'' - Admit Liverpool Virgil Van Djik.











Liverpool came out victorious at St. Mary's following the returned of the Dutch man [Virgil] after his big Money move to Anfield in early january transfer window.

Salah assit the opener for Firmino inside six minutes and the Brazilian returned the favour with a sublime back-heel as the Egyptian notched his 22nd Premier League goal of the season just before half-time.

Southampton had their chances to leave a blemish on the latest chapter of Van Dijk's career, but he tasted victory for in the league for the first time following his £75m January move to Anfield to leave the Saints in the bottom three after one win in an alarming 14-game run.


















Virgil van Dijk has admitted that he "enjoyed" his return to former club Southampton

Having silenced the St Mary's boo-boys with a solid performance, Van Dijk - a Southampton player for two-and-a-half years before departing in January - insists that it was business as usual from a personal point of view.

"I enjoyed it a lot. I just focused on the game, I enjoyed being back, I had a lot of good memories and a lot of good things I did here," he told Sky Sports News.



"Unfortunately they're not in a good position right now, but as a Liverpool player I was very happy with the win. I can't do anything about the reception, I just did what I could."

Van Dijk had failed to keep a clean sheet in his previous four Liverpool appearances prior to Sunday's match.





No comments:

Post a Comment