Wednesday 20 June 2018

News Updates

'Knee problem not behind failed Liverpool medical' - Nabil Fekir.



   





Lyon attacker Nabil Fekir has stressed that a long-standing knee problem is not to blame for his collapsed move to Liverpool earlier this month.

The Reds were thought to be on the brink of a deal to sign the Lyon captain last week as Liverpool FC looked to bolster Jurgen Klopp’s attacking options.

Liverpool FC were thought to have so as far as bringing Fekir to Melwood training ground with view to a £60m transfer deal.

Reports suggest that Lyon ruled out a transfer after Liverpool attempted to renegotiate a fee due to a knee issue flagged up during Fekir's medical.




Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, however, the France international insisted that an injury was not behind the botched transfer.

"My knee is great," he told reporters. "Honestly, I feel like before my injury."

“You know I am here with France, I am happy, and I am not here to discuss my personal situation. We will see about all that later.”

Fekir's agent Jean-Pierre Bernes has refused to rule out a future move to Liverpool for his client.







No comments:

Post a Comment