Saturday 21 April 2018

News Updates

Dejan Lovren: "No, Mohammed Salah hasn't surprised me'' as he reveals what makes him a 'top player' instead of a 'big player'











Salah has being absolutely ''indescribable'' this season after his move from AS roma in the summer of 2017 as he has to his staggering tally of 30 goals in just 32 appearances in the premier League which set him on course of ending the 32 goals record for most goals scored in the premier league history in a single season with four games to go.

The Egypt International has a combined total of 40 goals in all competitions  which means he is also on course to break Ian Rush's club record of 47 goals in a season, which has stood since 1984.

And Dejan Lovren expects his teammate to do so. "I believe he can do even better (than 47)," Lovren told the Echo.


"I told him.... actually I don't want to say what I told him, but I think Mo will say at the end of this season what I told him.

"It was something important and I also told him I believe in him. I saw in his eyes that he also believes we can achieve great things."

The Croatian defender noted Salah's talent and attitude from pre-season, and provided that as reasons for why he has not been surprised by the Egyptian winger this season.

"No, he hasn't surprised me,” he said. “From pre-season it was clear that this was a guy with great quality who wanted to work hard and score every time he plays, even in the training sessions.



“When you have a guy like that with that talent and that attitude on the training ground, it's special."

And Lovren believes that it's his attitude that makes him so special, especially so when he misses a chance.

“Mo is never satisfied. If he scores two, he's thinking about the other chance he missed for a third one and is upset after the game. “That's what makes the difference between big players and top, top players I'd say. He's one of the best players in the world at the moment.

“He hasn't changed at all this season and why should he? Even if you score 40 or 50 goals, I think people know where they come from and they respect all the other people. They just work to be better every day and that's what Mo does.”








No comments:

Post a Comment