Tuesday 24 July 2018

News Updates

''I’m excited to see what he does in the Premier League and the Champions League'' - Sturridge insisted Naby Keita is "something different".





Daniel Sturridge admits he's been blown away by the brilliance of Liverpool new boy Naby Keita.

The Guinea midfielder joined up with Liverpool this summer after officially joining the Reds a year ago for £52.7 million. The 23-year-old has shown flashes of his brilliance during a number of pre-season friendlies thus far.

His tendency to dribble with the ball belies an urgency in his play to always move forwards. Not enough credit is given to how he’s able to mastermind a counter-attack; he can be the one to start the move and the one to give the final assist.



And Sturridge says that the former RB Leipzig man has already blown him away, admitting he did not know that he was quite this talented.

However, the Guinea midfielder has proved an instant hit with team-mates and supporters alike.

Keita produced another eye-catching performance in Sunday's International Champions Cup clash with Borussia Dortmund and Sturridge relished linking up with him.

"I love that guy. I’m surprised how good he is actually, if I’m honest," Sturridge told Liverpoolfc.com

"I knew he was good but I don’t watch German football too often.





“I haven’t seen a midfielder like him for a while, he is something different. It’s crazy. The things he can do with the ball – he can defend, he can pass, he can dribble, he is fast, he is strong. He has got everything.

“I’m excited to see what he does in the Premier League and the Champions League.

“I sit next to him in the changing room and we have a lot of banter. My French is terrible but I try my best. His English is okay. We share some good times and have a lot of laughs together. I like him a lot, he’s a good guy.”

Keita linking up with Mané (who has become a much more creative player this season), the pace of Salah and the crafty movement of the Reds’ Brazilian number nine is a recipe for delight, as he’s given the space to blaze past staunch defenders.

He scored six goals this season, even though he only started 23 times and endured what many perceived as a troubled season. That’s still more goals than Gini Wijnaldum and Emre Can combined, while he also managed more assists (5) than either of those players too.













No comments:

Post a Comment