Saturday 28 July 2018

News Updates

Liverpool Mohamed Salah talks up Naby Keita's training brilliance as he insists that he's very happy to be back in the squad.



The Egyptian suffered heartbreak at the end of last season as he left the pitch in tears against Real Madrid in the Champions League final.

Salah landed awkwardly following a challenge from Sergio Ramos and picked up a shoulder injury that threatened to rule him out of the World Cup.

But he recovered in time to bag twice for his country as they crashed out in the group stages.

The 26-year-old scored 44 times last season in a stunning debut campaign for Liverpool.

And after netting on his return against Manchester City in a friendly earlier this week, he’s raring to go ahead of the new season.

''I am very happy to be back,” he said.


''I feel good and my shoulder is much better. I’m very happy to be back in the squad.

''Last year I had a great season – everyone, not just me. When people talk about myself,

''yes there is some pressure because it was a record [goals scored in the Premier League] and we also have to improve [again] in the Champions League and finish in a better position in the Premier League.

“But it’s not something I worry about, I just keep doing what I am doing. I am happy about what I am doing, so I just keep doing the same.”



Liverpool are among the favourites to challenge City for the title after strengthening well in the transfer window, adding four fresh faces to the squad.

One of Jurgen Klopp’s new signings is dynamic midfielder Naby Keita and Salah was full of praise for his new team-mate.

He added: ''In training sessions, he is amazing – and also in the games he played, he played very well and everyone is talking good about him.

''Everyone can see his skills and the difference he’s made in the games. I’m very happy to play with him. 

''We will support each other to perform better and to finish in a better position this year.”














No comments:

Post a Comment