Monday 20 November 2017

Anfield Updates

Robbie Fowler on record breaker Salah: I want him to score as many as he can!




Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler has joked on the fact that team wideman Mohamed Salah broke his goalscoring record after nine rounds in the Premier League, expressing his admiration for the Egypt international.

Salah has succeeded in battering the record of the former Liverpool striker after scoring nine goals in the first 12 Premier League games compared to eight goals in 12 games assigned to Fowler’s game.

With his nine visits to the net, the former Roma winger currently leads the goal scorers table in the Premier League so far over the likes of Harry Kane, Sergio Aguero and Romelu Lukaku.

“I’m getting fed up with these players to be fair! I had Sadio Mane breaking my hat-trick, now Mo’s broken my goals per game at the start record,” Fowler joked to Liverpool Echo.

“It’s become a little bit of a joke actually – I’ll be having words with Mo!”




“But in all seriousness, I think he’s a fantastic player. He looks good, I was impressed with him pre-season actually, he looked like he was going to be a handful for Premier League defences.”

Salah had an unsuccessful span of his career at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, but he later managed to revive his career after moving to Italy with Fiorentina and Roma which sealed him a return to Premier League football with Liverpool.

“He was at Chelsea and I wouldn’t say he struggled but he didn’t get the game time he would have warranted. He went over to Italy and was brilliant. He’s come here and hit the ground running. This is what we wanted, this is what we probably needed, someone of his caliber scoring goals and looking like a real handful for opposition defences and long may it continue.”

“I really want him to score as many as he can but you also want others to chip in with a few goals as well,” Fowler added.





No comments:

Post a Comment