Friday 18 August 2017

Anfield Update

MORENO: ‘LAST YEAR WAS A VERY, VERY DIFFICULT YEAR FOR ME AND MY FAMILY’

 Publish Friday August 18, 2017 by Yayo   ⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊⬊

Alberto Moreno Last year was so difficult for me...





Liverpool left-back Alberto Moreno believes he has managed to regain his place in the team because of his hard work during the summer and pre-season.

In an interview with LFCTV, Moreno admits that last season was ‘a very, very difficult year’ for him and the people around him, but believes he deserves to be in the starting line-up again at the start of this season.

“It’s effectively the payback for a lot of good work that I have done over the summer and during pre-season after a very, very hard year for me and my family and for everyone who surrounded me.

“It was a very difficult year, last year. 


“I came in with it in my head that I had to work harder and, in truth, I’ve been rewarded for that and I’m playing and doing things well.


“I’ve been concentrating on playing over 90 minutes, being focused and never losing concentration, being alert and playing the way I know.

“If I play the way I play and carry on that way, I can be very useful for Liverpool and I think I need to carry on down that path.

“The words I always work on the basis of are, ‘work and consistency’. To be consistent, never let your head drop and do everything to the best of your ability in training so that at the weekend you’re at your best. As I’ve said, work, work and work.”

The Liverpool defence has come in for a lot of criticism for their start to the season. They conceded three goals away at Watford last weekend and a lapse in concentration saw Hoffenheim able to score a late goal in the Reds’ Champions League play-off on Tuesday.


Moreno of Liverpool....
Moreno, though, believes Liverpool will improve as the season goes on and says it’s down to the whole team to concede less goals.

“I think that defending is a question of 11 players, that’s what we have out there on the field. We’re a team, we all attack and we all defend.

“It is true that we’ve conceded quite a few goals in the last two games but that can be worked on. We are only just starting this season. We have to be together at all times.”


The Spaniard is now looking forward to the visit of Crystal Palace on Saturday in what will be the Reds’ first home game of the season.

He is very keen to stress, though, that this game will be far from easy for Liverpool.

“Here in England there are no easy games, they are all difficult and that’s why we need to be awake.

“Anything can happen in any game but we’re playing at home, in front of our own fans, and we have to have the best game possible so we can get three points.

“Anfield is our stadium and they’re our fans, you always enjoy playing at Anfield. For me as a player, I play each game as if it was my last, always at 100 per cent.

“I think that the emotions are always the same, to go out and do the best you possibly can.”









                     ........This is Anfield


  • You can like and share post from this blog
  • Subscribe for free to get all the latest updates from this blog directly from your mail



  • follow us up on our facebook page www.facebook.com/Anfieldlatest

















No comments:

Post a Comment